pondělí 14. prosince 2009

Bad Romance?

What if two people who have been wounded deeply by someone they loved fall for each other. And what if they are from two different countries, cultural backgrounds..? Should they just give up on the idea of a relationship from the very beginning or try to build something that may very likely end up hurting them again?
Where is our threshold, when does the number of times you have been hurt begin to be too overpowering, when do you stop trying and give up?
I do not want to sound bitter or pessimistic. Those are legitimate questions. I kinda ignore them at the moment, do not want to know the answers. But those questions do exist. And we may all have to face them. So even when you spend the day by trying to get your loved one the soup he wants or realize how much in love you are - do you see those questions haunting you?

5 komentářů:

Rez řekl(a)...

All endings don't have to be bad endings. You may not believe that, but someone has once told me that "happy endings do exist" (do you remember that? :) ). And I think that if you're able to believe enough in happy endings, there just can be one even for you. The one who doesn't risk, can't lose anything... But they won't get anything either.

K řekl(a)...

I still believe that happy endings do exist. I am just wondering if we get hurt too many times and stop trying before we stumble upon our chance of happiness. Or if we do not give it a shot just because our brain thinks that the possibility of success is too little..
I know it does not sound like it, but I am in love:-D This is just the voice of reason that feels the need to question desires of the heart.

Irenka řekl(a)...

I don't think we ever really stop trying. You may say this to yourself for a while but Im pretty sure deep down you are still looking out for the right guy. ;-)

Irenka řekl(a)...

And the more you get hurt the more courage you usually have to go for the unlikely scenarios, like the one you described.

K řekl(a)...

You really think it works that way in general? I thought I was weird for learning how to open up more by having my heart broken.
But I think you can really give up, at least for some time(years maybe even decades).