neděle 22. srpna 2010

Ignorance

Moments when I think about my ignorance:
1-When a Muslim woman in niqab laughed, I realized that I had had the image of "poor opressed woman who has to cover herself" buried so deep in my brain that I had expected her and every other Muslim woman never to laugh or be happy. How prejudicial of me!
2-When people few years younger than me talk about some TV show I don´t know. And I start thinking that maybe "I am too old for this stuff". That maybe if I walked into a room full of teenagers, I would be "the old one".. And it seems kinda funny that I am even thinking that way at 21.
3-When I am unable to get what is so fabulous about some movie or a book. Like One Hundred Years Of Solitude which I was unable to finish or Amarcord which I just did not like.

Žádné komentáře: