pátek 17. prosince 2010

On gold diggers or what happened to me a month ago..

When on a date with a foreigner one gets all sorts of weird comments. Czech people feel like when the person is not able to understand them, they can say whatever they want. Anything goes. But what really got me was the following situation.
We were sitting at a table with his friends(American and Spanish) and their Czech/Slovak girlfriends. What surprised me was the fact that the girlfriends spoke in Czech/Slovak only, did not even bother to try to be a part of the general conversation. And what they discussed struck me even more - they were stating their reasons for hanging out with Americans - possibly getting a green card, going on fancy dates, having a rich boyfriend(they presumed that any American is rich), getting English lessons for free etc. None of them even mentioned actually liking the guy. One girl used to go out with one American and when they broke up she found another one to go out with. Not because he was handsome, intelligent and/or funny, but because he was from the States.
I didn´t get it at all and I had not been more ashamed of my fellow Czechs in a long long time..

Žádné komentáře: