středa 15. prosince 2010

What should a relationship look like?
Weird, that I should even be asking that question. I should have that all figured out by now, right? But I don´t. Is the relationship supposed to make you feel relaxed, make you not worry about anything, make you be able to not think and just enjoy yourself? And is it enough if you´re getting all that without feeling deeper emotional connection, without really getting to know the person and the person getting to know you, without feeling that tiny little bit of admiration that you need to be able to love that person?
Which makes me wonder about the need to define a relationship. What if you realize that you no longer need or even want to know the label that fits best? Because you don´t want it to be a relationship anymore and at the same time you don´t want to be the slut that does not need the thing to be exclusive or is not able to make the man make the commitment. I would call that the trap of modern times. It is no longer considered immoral to be casual but people will still judge you and think less of you if you do that.

5 komentářů:

Michal řekl(a)...

It's not so much a trap of modern times as your own personal trap. People who like you are not gonna judge you, and people who don't don't really give a damn.

K řekl(a)...

The people who like you are judging you all the time. Sometimes even more harshly than those who are mere acquaintances.
Anyway I should have switched autocensorship on and never have posted this. I am sorry.

Michal řekl(a)...

Well, we are probably never gonna agree on that "judging" part.

The idea of censoring oneself is in contradiction with virtually everything you believe in. And it is not very compatible with the whole idea of blog either.

There's absolutely no need to apologize for anything (sorry to repeat myself, but you kinda asked for it :-) ). Apologizing for speaking ones mind doesn't sound like something I would approve of, let alone ask for.

Geez, I really do get over-analytical. My point is: No harm done, we're good.

K řekl(a)...

Probably.
True, it is against every belief that I have. And I would still be willing to do it, if it prevented people I care about from getting hurt or from any kind of harm done to them.
I still feel like a jerk.

Michal řekl(a)...

I appreciate that you wish to protect me (leaving my male pride aside for a second), but I assure you that there's no need. And this does not only apply in my case, but in general: If someone's afraid of being hurt by your thoughts, then he/she ought not to read your blog.

No reason to feel like a jerk.