sobota 27. srpna 2011

Dressing down

In the Czech republic dressing down is the necessary means of survival. Since dressing up or just wearing what one consider´s "normal" results in some raised eyebrows, weird questions or not-so-funny remarks, knowing when to dress down has become crucial if one wants to avoid the unwanted attention. Some ladies don´t care if they are considered overdressed and I applaud them. However when I am meeting people who are used to me wearing worn-out jeans and sneakers(kinda water under the bridge), I try to leave skirts, dresses and heels at home. Maybe it´s better to dress appropriately for one´s standards and not for the standards of others, but hell, I don´t want to keep explaining that clothes, just like feelings and opinions, change with time.

Žádné komentáře: