čtvrtek 6. října 2011

Job Hunting

I have really not picked the best time to look for a job. It is hard to get an interview(for one to screw up), let alone a paying job.
After more-than-an-hour-long interview at X(US consulting firm) for a receptionist job, I feel like the HR person knows me better than my mother(which is actually not that shocking, my mum just gave me a velvet scrunchie and expects me to wear it). It seems that when X hires a receptionist they need to thoroughly explore her values, opinions, hobbies, not only past job experience but also completely unrelated experiences, priorities in life, possible carreer aspirations etc. All the hard questions that I have not really dealt with just yet, being asked within the span of one hour. It probably wasn´t the brightest idea not to have the perfect rehearsed answers ready.
Guess I´ll just have to continue looking while I figure out who I wanna be when I grow up.
___________________________________________

Well, I got the job, so I must have done something right. Still find it funny though that for a receptionist position, you need to go on a long and very thorough interview to be even considered.

Žádné komentáře: