sobota 13. října 2012

The MBTI system

Striving to understand how human psyche works and why different people see things differently I enrolled in an MBTI course. Basically the system classifies people according to their natural preferences into 16 types. There are four basic dichotomies - extroverted/introverted, sensing/intuition, thinking/feeling, judging/perceiving. The names for each of these are kind of misleading, since some come from Jung and differ from our understanding of what for example intuition is. If you would like to read more on the issue, google it:-) Wikipedia page also gives some basic idea.
Finding out what your type is should help you understand why you see things the way you do and why others might see them differently. MBTI describes just inborn preferences, one may be trained to behave like the opposite type - for example people without the natural tendency to plan may be brought up by their parents to plan extensively etc.
I am still not entirely sure how close is the MBTI to science and how much to astrology, however the results make sense and it seems logical that people can be divided into types based on how they think and what they do. Which is why I am inclined to believe the former.
It was interesting to see, how other people look at things and what may come natural to them.
Now that I know my type, what's next? Probably keeping calm and carrying on:-)

3 komentáře:

Irenka řekl(a)...

So what is your type?

K řekl(a)...

INTJ. Do you know yours? I am in the middle of the extroverted-introverted scale, slightly on the introverted side. Plus I suspect that I am not so much of a judger as it would seem from the results, since my parents are extreme planners and might have taught me to behave differently than what comes natural to me.

K řekl(a)...

Hmm, INTP fits better.