sobota 26. února 2011

Harry: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sally: Why not?
Harry: What I'm saying is — and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form — is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry: No you don't.
Sally: Yes I do.
Harry: No you don't.
Sally: Yes I do.
Harry: You only think you do.
Sally: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry: No, what I'm saying is they all want to have sex with you.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do too.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do too.
Sally: How do you know?
Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally: So you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry: No, you pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally: What if they don't want to have sex with you?
Harry: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Sally: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Harry: Guess not.
________________________________________________________________________

I should finally give up on the naive idea that friendship between men and women is possible. The evidence to the contrary is mounting and can no longer be ignored.

2 komentáře:

Andy řekl(a)...

This is very much true. I don't want to come off as shallow but realistically, of all females I befriended in recent history (especially in college), there is none with whom I wouldn't want to have sex (at least at the time we met -- my priorities might change over time). If I met a girl with whom I wouldn't want to have sex, chances of me spending my free time with her in the future drop close to zero. This holds even when I know for sure that the girl and I wont sleep together. I may be in a happy committed relationship but my methods of acquiring female friends don't change.

That being said, I doubt girls are any different in this respect. That's why so many of them want to be 'friends' with me. :)

K řekl(a)...

:-)
Speaking from my personal experience I have men friends who I don´t want to sleep with, who I am not attracted to(never have been and probably never will be). But there is a fair chance that I am different not because I am a girl but because I am a weirdo.
I would agree that it is much more likely that someone will spend her/his time with a person she/he is attracted to, hence they are more likely to become friends(or gf-bf, fuck buddies, fwb..).
What bugs me is that when you become really close friends with someone of the opposite sex, one falls for the other and the friendship is in 95% of cases ruined or dramatically changed (and not for the better).