pátek 18. února 2011

Romance for new millenium

As we got used to the omnipresent sex, we are also changing our views on what constitutes a romance. At least that´s my impression of the current trends in movies. After Love and Other Drugs, No Strings Attached is opening this week and there are many more movies that make us think that the true romance is having casual sex and then realizing that you love each other. Hmm. 1 - it does not work that way 2 - sex is great, don´t get me wrong, but is this kind of a movie really a romance? Carrie asks in one episode of SATC if women in New York got used to living in a sugar-free existence meaning that they would not know romance if it was standing right in front of them. Maybe this now applies to all women and men in the Western society.
After reading what I have just written I am realizing that maybe I am an old-fashioned gal and a prude even though so many people(e.g. Muslims) on this planet would consider me a whore. Hmm.

Žádné komentáře: