sobota 15. září 2012

A puff of smoke

Don't you sometimes just want to be a smoker?
I smoked a few cigarettes in my life, mostly in bars with drinks. Then I decided that it is a bad habit, that it matters if I smoke or I don't and I stopped. Over time, I started hating it. Not just me smoking, but people around me smoking. Smokers who don't bother to throw the cigarette butts into a dustbin, or they do, but don't put it out first. Smokers, who don't care and smoke on bus stops, in the bus, on the stairs.. Smokers, who blow the smoke into your face and don't even realize it. Sitting next to a smoker or standing next to him/her in a crowded bus.
Even so, there are times, when smoking seems like a thing to do. When you have a few minutes to kill, not enough to do something or go somewhere, but too much to just stand and wait. When you are stressed out and you are in a desperate need of something to calm you down. When you just need a break since your brain is not working anymore.
Yes, there is plenty of other stuff that one can do, but why is the image of a oh-so-cool smoker and the idea of becoming him so appealing at times, even if you always end up not doing it?

Žádné komentáře: