středa 3. července 2013

Fearful to Fearless?

There is a number of things that might never lose their appeal to me. Be it running away or trying to be emotionally unattached at any sign of trouble, avoiding problems instead of dealing with them, never asking for what I need, persuading myself that I don't care about someone even when I do, finding any other boy to kiss to prove I don't care. All of those things probably make me feel less vulnerable, even if they are stupid.
How do people manage to just let go of the fear that they might be hurt in the end? Even if the odds are good, they are still bad.. Is it the being in love that is supposed to make you ignore that? And how can you be open to one emotion an ignore the other - fear.
Maybe it is just a matter of perspective. Even if you let yourself be vulnerable, people can only hurt you, if you consider their actions hurtful. Being paralyzed by fear is neither healthy nor productive. The only tiny problem is changing one's attitude. Which is really not easy if you are stuck in you M.O.

Then again: "If you never say your name out loud to anyone, they can never ever call you by it."

Žádné komentáře: