čtvrtek 29. března 2012

I hate being branded with the stamp of a receptionist.
Receptionists are presumably dumb, care only about their nails and hair and end up having an affair with one of their bosses or the whole office. I am not and I am not gonna be either of those, ever..
It is a part-time student job that I do to earn money. Rather than starve in an intellectual fashion, I prefer to work. To work at a nice office with nice people. I do a job that is challenging, at least for the first few months, even for a smart person. Because it is not about either brains or beauty, but about learning fast and fitting in, adapting to a new environment.
Honestly, I do not have any intention to make a career out of it. Why would I?...

What worries me is that I get the stamp, just as if I were a whore, and it might be hard to shake that one off. People that I know are mostly very intelligent, very smart and very judgmental. Once someone falls into the "what dumb people do" category, is there any getting out of it?
I never thought that there even were a dilemma, but lately I think: Is it better to be unemployed than have a job with a stigma?
And anyway, what should people like me do to earn a few bucks? Wash beakers in a lab for really few bucks?

Žádné komentáře: