pátek 15. června 2012

Making friends

Being shy as I am, I have recently realized that I do not really choose who I am friends with as much as the people choose me. For some reason, it is not easy to make a decision that I am gonna be that certain person´s friend. And probably for the very same reason it is even more difficult to make it come true.
I am not by any means saying that I do not want to be friends with my friends. I am just saying that there is a specific pattern, in my case that is, in making friends and in being friendly.
In new situations and with a new group of people I tend to become a completely different person. I am nervous and I struggle to be extroverted, easily approachable, friendly, not-an-ice-queen. (With some people I maintain that pattern even when I have known them quite well for quite a while.) Even when I push myself to go out of my room/space/comfort zone and face the group of unknown strangers, I still feel like I am a little girl lost at sea of social interactions who has failed to learn the proper social protocols.
In a way when someone approaches me, in a majority of cases I am able to be at least friendly and I am likely to connect to that person on one level or the other. There are so many interesting and fascinating people out there...
The common factor is that they have to cross the room to talk to me and I very rarely cross the room to talk to them (I usually have to be drunk to do that). Do not get me wrong, I do not think that I am in any way better than other people or that they should make an effort to get to know me. It is just that I do not want to bother anyone or force them to say: "sure, join us," when they do not really want to say that.
I know that that is just me overthinking everything and that I should not just be bothered by all that.
I try.

Žádné komentáře: