čtvrtek 31. ledna 2013

Passionate times

January has been a cold month of hot passion. I mean politics, naturally. If the Czech presidential election has been successful in one thing, it would be involving the public. Usually, people don't care much for politics and only few want to discuss it. Every minister, PM, MP is deemed a criminal and no-one believes it can ever change. So why bother.
But in this month even those uninterested suddenly found themselves discussing who is the best candidate, what are the flaws of his opponent(s) and what should be the decisive factors. As the campaign escalated and the first round narrowed the selection to just two candidates, things really started heating up. Are you team Zeman or team Schwarzenberg?...
The election is now over and two trends have appeared - those who want harmony, avoid further discussing politics since it brings only the opposite and demand the same of others, and those who just wouldn't stop. I am a member of the second half. Maybe because I am not able to accept that Mr Schwarzenberg has lost the election. Or maybe, because being political comes natural to me and I don't think that it should be limited to the pre-election hotheadedness. I believe in a more involved society. Yes, I am aware that a significant part of people thinks that obnoxious. But I don't see why keeping your mouth shut and carrying on should be deemed virtuous.

1 komentář:

Unknown řekl(a)...

Well said :-)