úterý 10. prosince 2013

Doubt

I am one of those people who doubt everything. You could say that doubting myself is just a manifestation of my low self-esteem and you might be right, but I don't stop there. From time to time I start doubting everything and everyone. I stop being certain about what I have experienced and begin questioning my judgement of events that have transpired and the bias in my perception. It is usually pretty hard to snap out of this circle of doubt. Once you don't trust anything including your perception, how do you build sensible view of the world... Somehow I have always found something, a steady point, basis to rebuild my world upon. But it leads me to a number of questions. Is it healthy to deconstruct, judge and reconstruct your world every now and then or is it harmful to your psyche and everything around you? Is it possible to live in this circle of doubt from time to time or will I just one day stay stuck inside, unable to snap out of it? Where do people get the confidence and, I guess, arrogance? How can anyone be certain that their perception, evaluation skills and world views are the best possible ones? And if they know they are not, how can just go on living without trying to find ways to improve them?

Žádné komentáře: