úterý 6. prosince 2011

Online Tests

You can use internet to test almost anything. From creating a medical diagnosis based on your symptoms (you fill them in the test and wait for the word "cancer" to appear on your screen) to counting your sobriety based on last night´s consumption to finding out what your perfect male companion looks like. Sometimes you use the tests to amuse yourself, sometimes you are really interested in what the result is going to be. I have had two encounters with tests of different sorts in the past week or so.
First time I wanted to find out how much of a smartass I am. Since my roommate is constantly teasing me about being from "Asian village" (meaning I am from Olomouc and not Prague) the goal of taking the test was to prove that I have detailed knowledge of one of the things typical for Prague - the subway/metro/underground, whichever is the right term. I took time picking the answers, but when I pressed the button to get my result, I was asked to give the website the access to my FB profile, which I refused. After repeating the action for a few times, I finally acknowledged the sad reality - unless I give them my personal information, I will never find out, if I was right or wrong. Pissed me off. Especially since they could have warned me before I spent my time on the test..
Second time was a few minutes ago, when one of my friends on FB posted a test that helps you determine your biological age. I tried to be as critical of my lifestyle as possible, so that I would get a realistic answer. Even though the results were satisfying (apparently my body is cca 5 years younger than the number of candles on my birthday cake would suggest), I got angry a little when I saw some of the options that got the highest number of points = those that were supposed to be the right ones. Since eating only low-fat dairy products is not healthy just like using animal fats is not wrong, I am not sure that whoever wrote the test can be trusted. I know, I know, the test was never to be trusted in the first place, but girl can´t help herself from time to time.. Does this mean that my "find your perfect guy" test result is not to be trusted as well?

Žádné komentáře: